Potato Porridge (Nuhuu)

Happy Saturday Kings and Queens. I hope you guys are doing well. Today I'm taking you back to our old African Dish. We normally use yam or cocoyam to make this but I switched to potatoes instead as it's available and very affordable as well. People in Ghana get this dish confuse with another. This is "Nuhuu" not mpotopoto. "Mpotopoto" is mashed ripe plantain. I believe Nigerians call it "Asaro".  Fasten your seatbelt and take this ride with me to my Kitchen!!

Recipe and Procedure 
2 peeled potatoes 
2 cups of water 
2 Maggi cubes
1 big smoked fish 
1 small onion
1  habanero pepper
4oz of crushed tomatoes ( 2 fresh tomatoes) 
3 oz of palm oil ( zoomi preferred )

Procedure 
•Cut the potatoes or yam in cubes 
•Rinse with warm water and put them in a pot
•Add the water and Maggi cubes and turn the heat to medium 
•Blend the pepper and onion and set it aside 
•Warm your palm oil as well and add few slices of onion for flavor 
[PS. I used a very dried smoked Crocker fish so I soaked it in water for 5 minutes first ]
•Allow it to boil for 8minutes and add the fish 
•Allow it to cook for 5 more minutes
•Add the pepper/onion mixture and stir
•Allow it to cook for 3 minutes 
•Add the tomatoes and stir 
•Allow it to cook on low heat for 5 minutes with continuous stir 
•Use a potato masher to mash few cubes
And stir again, then add the palm oil 
•Keep stir for 2 minutes till it's all mixed 
🍵Ready to Serve!!!





Comments

Popular Posts